Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Be a man

Just watched an EWTN broadcast of Father Larry Richards show about manhood. His message was that we should all say a prayer every day to invoke the Holy Ghost inside each and every baptized and confirmed Christian. That prayer should invite the Holy Ghost to set our lives on fire so that others will want to watch us burn. 

Control is something I find most difficult to let go of. You could say I am a “control enthusiast” as that rental car company commercial says.  “And you shall be as Gods” (Genesis 3:5). That one line haunts me every day. My fear and pride work as an internal sprinkler system trying to snuff out the fire of the Holy Ghost within me. 

Thankfully, God’s Love is ever new. It is a blessing indeed that God’s Love is not bitter or petty or moody. Just as these demons that want to control my life come from the original sin of Eve, so too the antidote comes from and the course is reversed through the Immaculata. 

Holy Mother, ever virgin and Mother of God. Be my protector and my warrior against the traps of the accuser. Pray for me that your spouse will inflame my heart and my life.  Plead for me that the Holy Ghost will burn away my heart of stone and that I may live every moment dying to myself in service to my neighbor. 

No comments: