Saturday, May 17, 2014

To Blog or Not to Blog

“God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.”
 
These words by  Saint Mother Teresa give me hope in my daily life. That someone so obviously filled with the Holy Spirit can entertain the struggles of failure, I know that I have hope in my failures.  These words also give me hope with this blog.  I started this blog sometime in 2009 with big ideas.  At the time those ideas were driven more by my ego than by God's calling, although I do still believe I was called to this.

In the three plus years since I made my first post I have been inhibited from posting like I would like by issues in my personal life.  I have also been prohibited from posting as regularly as I should by my own selfishness.  I have spent way too much time focusing on issues in my own head and heart and not focus on God's call in my life.  I can be honest with myself that selfishness has played a large part in my failings with this blog over the years, I just am not ready to deal with the amount that my failing to focus on anything by my self-pity has played.

Now I come to a cross roads.  In July I will have to make a decision on whether to re-up the domain name.  Certainly there is a large part of me that believes that the world and me would be better off if I kept whatever writings I may attempt to pencil and paper so that no one will have to stumble across this blog and endure my lack of writing skills.  But I will try, I will make an effort to post at least weekly over the next 5-6 weeks and see what happens.  If the Lord wills it, I want to do it. 


"If you want to be happy, really really happy, use your talents to serve others." - Eduardo Verastegui

No comments: