Tuesday, October 12, 2010

random life stuff

Its 4:00 a.m. and I have yet to sleep.  For some reason the Gout in my right foot has been inflamed tonight and I cannot sleep from the pain.   Not only that, but starting tomorrow I have to go to Little Rock for a 3-day training that will take me away from my home and my wife.  Being away from her is always difficult, but to make things even more stressful this time is the fact that electric wheel chair is on the blink and will, at times, leave her stranded in the middle of the house and she is not able to move at all. 

If that wasn't enough, I fear that I will have to have a little "sit down" session with my boss over some things that have happened in the last few weeks at work.  It wouldn't be nearly as stressful if I had any confidence that she would listen and be open to what I had to say about it.  I feel confident that I could make her understand my reasoning for doing what I did, if she would be open to what I had to say.  However, I have no reason to believe, given how she has reacted to the situation thus far, that her mind is in any way open.  It will be more preaching and talking down to me, like I am some idiot.  I pray daily for the grace to handle this situation.  I have a long smart-ass streak in me, and will I really need God's Grace to keep that in check.

As much as I love certain individual people and I Love all people, I really have a hard time liking people in large groups.  Going to this training is going to be not fun in that I have to sit and listen to boring people talk about a horrible subject matter in a boring way. 

Please pray for me over the next few days as I struggle to find God's Will during this time. 

"If you want to be happy, really really happy, use your talents to serve others." - Eduardo Verastegui

No comments: