Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pentecost

Without a doubt, one of the biggest obstacles, at least in my thinking, is my struggle to form a prayer life.  Granted, this is only something I have really concentrated on in the past few months, but for someone who often have things come fairly easily, it has been very frustrating.  That frustration has boiled over into sin.  So, when I went to confession today, of course that was one of the sins I confessed.  My prayer these past few weeks has been mostly about me, my struggles, my desires and not focused on others as I know it should.  So, I must say it was surprising when my penance included praying and asking God to send the Holy Spirit upon me to strengthen me. 

This makes sense, given that it tomorrow is Pentecost.  Pentecost is of course when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Disciples and gave them the Grace to spread the Gospel throughout the world.  We should all pray that the Holy Spirit consumes our soul and leads to the life God has planned.  Only with the help of the Holy Spirit can we find true happiness and peace.