Monday, June 23, 2014

So much for that

We had the good fortune of have Father Longenecker speak at our Parish a while back. His talk has inspired my series of posts (so far there has been only two, so I guess that makes a series?) about my faith journey. One of the pieces of advice he gave me about blogging is to post something every day.  Well, reality is that with my job and marital responsibilities I just can't do that.  However, I am taking a week's vacation this week and I wanted to post something all nine days.  It only took until day two for me to fail.  Yay me!

I did make a pretty awesome discovery about myself yesterday.  One of the ways I have grown in my faith is my appreciation for the Eucharist, which is a really unsuitable way of saying what I mean.  Yesterday at Mass, my tummy was feeling upset.  Normally I would have ducked out of the pew and went straight home.  But yesterday, I found myself fighting that urge because I wanted and needed to stay to receive the Eucharist.  It was something that I am growing ever more in love with and have a longing for every day.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea, maybe I will try daily mass a few times this week and see what that brings.
 

"If you want to be happy, really really happy, use your talents to serve others." - Eduardo Verastegui

No comments: