Thursday, November 23, 2017

Learning to give Thanks

I find it very easy to get swept away in the world’s rush and hurry, especially this time of year. Commercials on TV, radio and seemingly everywhere are telling Gus about where to get the best deal and what we need to buy to make us and our loved-ones happy. 

I was blessed to have some quiet time this morning to reflect on all I have to be thankful for. This is something I should do every day, not just today. Yesterday I watched a documentary on the life of Blessed Solanus Casey.  Without being conscious of it being the day before Thanksgiving, the one thing I took away most from that film was how he was thankful to our Lord no matter the trial or hardship. Blessed Solanus was graced with the ability to see people’s heart and to see God’s plan for them. He would stress to those who came to him how we have a loving God. 

Being thankful to God for starts with life itself. Second is for his only Begotten Son taking the form of a slave, suffering and dying for our sins. The hardest part of being thankful is learning to be thankful for our crosses. I pray for the grace for all of us to pick up our crosses and praise God for those crosses as it is through them that we purify our souls for the glory of heaven. 

No comments: